Table of Contents
Renew Demat and MeroShare Accounts
Not allotted any IPO till now? If you are not being allotted IPO to any company till now, your DEMAT and MEROSHARE accounts must have expired. If your DEMAT and MEROSHARE account is expired, all the shares available in your DEMAT account will be frozen and no further shares or IPO will be allotted to your DEMAT account, and you are not allowed to transfer shares from your account. So, you must have to renew your DEMAT and Meroshare accounts.
Check whether your DEMAT and MEROSHARE have expired or not, here are the tips to check whether DEMAT and MEROSHARE account is expired or not.
Login to your MEROSHARE account via the website, and GOTO to the “My profile” option. Then you will see your DEMAT expiry date and MEROSHARE expiry date. If the dates show the old dates then the present date, you have to renew that account. The DEMAT account must be renewed before the end of the current fiscal year.
If you opened your DEMAT account just before 2-3 days of ending the current fiscal year, you must have to renew that account for the next fiscal year. But the MEROSHARE account can be renewed just after one year of the opening date of the account. The figure below shows the expiry date of the DEMAT and MEROSHARE accounts.
Procedures To Renew DEMAT and MEROSHARE Accounts:
1. log in to your Mero share account and go to the My Profile section.
2. Press Renew Account option as shown above. You will see online payment methods like E-Sewa, IME-pay, Khalti, and Connect IPS as shown below.
3. Choose any one of the above methods which you have.
4. If you have to renew DEMAT and MEROSHARE accounts both, select “DEMAT AND MEROSHARE” and you have to pay Nrs.150, and if you have to renew the MEROSHARE account only tick “MEROSHARE” only for which you have to pay Nrs.50 only. But if you have to renew your DEMAT account only TICK “DEMAT” only for which you have to pay Nrs.100 only. Then, press “Proceed“. The figure is shown below:
5. You will enter the login interface of the online methods you have chosen. If you select E-SEWA, you will see the following interface:
Enter your E-SEWA id and password and press LOGIN.
6. After you log into your E-SEWA, press proceed and you will get an OTP code(one-time password) via inbox.
7. Enter the OTP code you obtained and finalize your payment.
Congrats! You finally renewed your Demat and Mero share account. Now you can apply IPO from a Mero share account without any trouble but be careful to check whether you have a balance in your account or not.
Click here to renew your demat account
1. How much does it cost to renew Demat and Meroshare Accounts?
Ans: Mero share renewal charge is Rs. 50 and Demat renewal charge is Rs. 100. If you want to renew both of them at a time then it will charge you Rs. 150.
2. When can I renew my Demat and Meroshare accounts?
Ans: You can renew your Mero share account at any time when you like on the annual basis. But for the Demat account, you have to renew within the end of the fiscal year.
3. Can I have two Demat accounts?
Ans: Yes, One person can open up to two Demat accounts.
4. When should I have to renew my demat and Meroshare accounts?
Ans: You have to renew the demat account at the end of the fiscal year and the meroshare account after one year of the previous payment.